Kimball’s Jewelers is a charter member of The American Gem Society (AGS), which was created in 1934 to protect the consumer during the jewelry buying process. This not-for-profit trade association is comprised of fine jewelers, jewelry designers, and suppliers in the United States and Canada. Members adhere to the highest standards of business practices and ethics so that you can buy with confidence from jewelers you can trust.
Jewelers in the American Gem Society agree to:
- Disclose all facts pertaining to a sale.
- Never intentionally deceive their employees, consumers, vendors, or business partners.
- Compete fairly and never speak unprofessionally about their competitors and encourage these principals with others.
- Resolve any customer complaints.
- Never sell conflict diamonds.
- Continuing education—always improving their knowledge and keeping up with trends in jewelry and ethical business practices.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Only 5% of all jewelers, designers, appraisers, and jewelry suppliers in the U.S. and Canada have met the standards necessary for membership in the American Gem Society. For a firm to become a member of the American Gem Society, it must meet a list of rigid requirements:
- Owners, principals, or employees must have completed an accredited or graduate program from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or Gem-A (the Gemological Association of Great Britain).
- Must hold a reputation for unquestioned integrity in the business community and must be operated in a way that will enhance the confidence of the public in the jewelry industry.
- Owners and principals must demonstrate their genuine interest in operating their business in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Must have been in the retail, supplier, or independent appraisal business for at least two years and be able to demonstrate financial stability.
For more information, please visit: www.americangemsociety.org